Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

on Long Distance Relationships

Thanks to Anonymous who asked for this topic "Long Distance Relationships." Honestly, I don't have that any concrete idea on this. He asked me on how to cope-up with it. That is the challenge. Another thing is on what type of relationship will I tackle? Is it the boyfriend/girlfriend or more the family aspect of relationships. But for the benefit of all, I wil try to tackle both.

Distance, to be away. At first, we may look at it in a very negative mentality. Then if you add the word "Long" before it, it makes the word even worst. But less, we realize that these occurences makes us more stronger and motivated. It all boils down on how a person or what is the out-look of a person in his/her own life. A positive out-look leads to strenghthening and motivating relationships. While a negative one leads to destruction of one's neighbor leading to his/her own destruction, resulting to brokenness of the dreams and aspirations. that person may feel that there is no more reason to Live. Thus, the principle of Black Label by Johnnie Walker: Keep Walking is violated. As I always say, we became stagnant. There is no movement.

Waiting and just standing or shall I say staying in your comfort zone can never be, or is not a movement. This is an important aspect in relationships. Be it the boyfriend and girlfriend type or more on the family aspect. Movement can not start from 'Nothing to Something.' It should be from 'Something to Something even more Greater.' Man can never be contented in what he/she has. We look for something more and when we finally found it. Then the sense of fulfillment sets-in.

Distance should never be an issue. Perhaps maybe, but for some reasons that only reasoning itself can figure it out. We must learn to let go of somethings. Of some relationships, because that way it should be. The reason may not be clear enough or most of the time you can't seem to look at it. What important is that you know that you gave your best shot at it, no regrets in the end. There is no way but to move forward. No more looking back. The conventional reason 'Things happen because it happens' will be accepted.

This is the Anonimity of our Lives: Relationships come and go. Promises are broken. Dreams and aspirations are forgotten.

If you already found the relationship that you will hold-on for a long time, the lessons of the past should come into play: Relationships that will last. Promises that are fulfilled. Dreams and aspirations are renewed once more.

I hope that this would help us. To my Anonymous friend, I hope that you are satisfied with this. Feel free to let me know your thoughts. Vi Ses!! Tusen takk!!

11 comments:

  1. good day mighty brusco!Actually we're already married but still with no kids. I really appreciate your reflection about my concern regarding long distance relationship. I agree that this situation made me stronger and motivated to pursue our plans. However, you didn't mention the most important thing in this kind of set up which is communication. We communicate once in awhile but my partner rarely listen.And that really bothers me..anyway.. thank you so much, you have enlightened me somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a word of advice in my 6 years of long distance relationship you should have LOTS of COMMUNICATION, TRUST, RESPECT and LOVE for each other. if one of them fails, that's the time you have a problem. and believe me am a product of a long distance relationship... you have to trust and love your partner forget the past because its your PRESENT and FUTURE to be, not your PAST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. on Anonymous' comment:

    Thanks for the response, may I explain why I didn't mentioned communication in my blog. I did deliberately not to mention communication in my blog for me to prove something. That is Communication is the basic foundation of any relationship. We give a special importance to it.

    I do agree to all of your inputs. I don;t know if you realized but what you have said is actually an abreviation of the word Control. We wnat to hold-on as long as we can. CTRL=Control:

    C- COMMUNICATION
    T- TRUST
    R- RESPECT
    L- LOVE

    Thus, if one of this fails the we can say just like in the movies like Armageddon, "Houston, we have a problem!"

    I am happy because those who are reading my blogs where getting involved. Sharing ideas with enlightenment. Thank you Anonymous...hope to meet you in person...

    ReplyDelete
  4. nevertheless...long distance realtionships will not only be dependent or structured on communication, trust, respect and love but for me the most important attitude and weapon is "sacrifice" this coercive word can really delineate long distance relationships..ive' been there..forstar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the fact that communication, trust, respect and love = CTRL/ control.

    even if we're away from our love ones, we struggle so hard to get a hold of them and still be in control. which is a bit impossible of ur living apart from each other. and from that wanting to have control. the aspects enclosed to that (CTRL) sometimes get lots. slowly creeping, it get lost.. we might not notice it, might even deny it.

    that's the hard part of long-distance relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mighty Brusco better take some cough syrup. You did cough at the end of your blog right? Tusen Takk! Hekhekhek =}

    Kidding apart, long distance relationship is never a problem. The Problem comes from the people involve. To help lessen or to prevent a fire from escalating we should first be able to accept our limitations and understand the situation.

    Lets not forget Mighty's CTRL. When all else fails, include ALT DLT.
    A- appreciate
    L- laugh
    T- trust lang
    D- di pa rin umubra?
    L- love ulit
    T- try again

    ReplyDelete
  7. reading this blog really makes me feel good, thanks for all the people who shared their thoughts..mighty brusco i'm hoping to see you "again" soon..c=

    ReplyDelete
  8. on Anonymous:


    Thanks for the kind appreciation. I'm just wondering how did you come to know my blogsite? And if you also know me personally? Thanks...

    For suggestions, you can e-mail me at tj_hatdog@yahoo.com

    Thanks once again...see you soon..

    ReplyDelete
  9. am suprise that you dont seems to know me at all!!! am just always around when you needed me...
    have a life! your still young.... dont think to much its bad for your heart...

    your second anonymous above

    ReplyDelete
  10. on anonymous:

    to anonymous, to be honest...i don't know you...
    anyway thanks for your inputs...I don't remember being acquainted to someone who has a 6 year long distance relationship...

    hope that to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you're right it still depends. I have been there.. but it did not work. When you're in a long distance relationship, you have to let each of u know that it is still working. Not just know, but to feel. If the only person who is trying to reach out is alone, then it would not work at all. Must be mutual, must be two, there must be communication. It could grow.. start from something to a more thing. =)

    ReplyDelete