Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

on Anxiety

I was on my way home after I visited our employer when I rode the Jeepney with a group of students. At first I just ignored what they are talking about. Why should I bother, I didn't even know them. Besides, it is traffic so what I did is I just closed my eyes. A few moments more and I'm asleep. A few minutes more, i woke up. Still, it was traffic so the driver decided to take a re-route.

I was then hearing familiar terminologies from the students. You can't help to listen to their conservations. Bingo, I knew it! They are nursing students from a prestigious university situated near the palace of the tallest president (sarcastically speaking) ever that this proud nation ever had. Kidding aside...hehehe...

The more they argued on some topics and questions. Oh, by the way they will have their Licensure examination this June 6 to 7. The anxiety level came up high when one of them expressed feelings on their up coming examination. The culmination of their studies for 4 long and tedious years. I asked my self, and i can't help not to help them to ease their anxiety... I asked my seatmate when is their examination? She answerd, "June 6 and 7 sir."

Then they asked me if I'm a nurse. I answered humbly with a "yes." The rest is History..
to cut the story short, I just shared what I did prior to the days of examination as far as my memory serves me right.

Maybe the striking statement which I feel took an effect to them is this: "When you are out there answering the examination, don't compete with the other examinees or even with your friends. You compete only with yourself. Pray hard it works."

Just like in our own lives, especially when it comes in making big decisions. Most of the time, you are left alone. You can ask for opinions of friends, family and the others. But down the wire, it will only be you and only you, nothing but the big YOU will call the shots that will later on change your Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment